Borrowing / Returning Library Materials
- To borrow any library material, a valid MTC identification card must be presented.
- No library materials shall be removed from the Library until their issue has been properly recorded at the appropriate counter.
- Only duly enrolled MTC students, faculty, administrators and staff can borrow books either for library or home use.
- Alumni and outside users are allowed to use the collection only in the library premises.
- Borrowers are responsible for materials checked out until they are returned to the library.
- Borrowing privileges are non-transferable and must be exercised personally.
- Borrowing privileges to bring materials out do not include general references, theses, newspapers, periodicals and special collections.
- All materials should be returned to the library one week before the final examinations
- Circulation books may be renewed once except if there are prior requests for them.
- Students should bring the books in the library upon renewal.
- Faculty and staff can renew borrowed materials personally, thru e-mail or telephone call.
- All materials checked out maybe recalled whenever needed by others.
- Overdue notices to students will be posted on the bulletin boards every week.
- Overdue notices to faculty will be sent thru e-mail.
- Overdue fines are charged for materials not returned as scheduled. Sundays and Holidays are not included in the computation of overdue fines.
- Student/employee with unsettled account will not be allowed to borrow any materials from the library.
- Names of students with library accountabilities will be submitted to the Treasury Department one week before the final examinations.
- Borrowers who find a major damage in the materials they intend to borrow must report it immediately to the Librarian, otherwise they will be held responsible for the damage.
- Lost materials shall be replaced with the same title, author and edition or pay its current value.
- Borrowers shall pay the overdue fine accumulated until such loss has been reported to the Librarian.
- A processing fee must also be paid.
- Students, faculty and staff must return all borrowed materials and pay their accounts to be cleared within the semester.
- Students with library accountabilities are encoded in the Clearance System.
LOST AND DAMAGED BOOKS